Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Blockade.c sound again

MAME 0.92 has my simple code for doing the square wave sound. I was hoping to do some sampling of the noise-generator circuit this weekend. However, I made a stupid mistake and ended up messing up my Comotion and Minesweeper boards. :( Nothing serious, but I need to order some parts to get that part of the circuit working again.

You can hear the aliasing distortion that I was talking about in Minesweeper, since it generates high-pitched tones. I'm still working on that, since it's turned into a fun math exercise..worthy of a seperate post...

No comments:

Fun with FPGAs - recreating the Atari TIA, Part 1

I have been playing with recreating the Atari TIA chip as used in the original 2600 in an FPGA.  I know this has been done a few times alrea...