Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Amutech Minesweeper Cocktail/Standaround

Well, I got a PCB from eBay. As suspected, it is an exact clone of the Gremlin blockade hardware, except for the connectors. The program roms are the same as our existing set, but the graphics are slightly different. (The scores can be displayed in four different directions).

So, it turns out that fixing the port settings in drivers/blockade.c enables 4 player mode. I did this, along with some general cleanup. I'll submit the updated driver soon, but I'd like to try and add some sound first.

Now if only a 4-player blasto would show up...


No comments:

Fun with FPGAs - recreating the Atari TIA, Part 1

I have been playing with recreating the Atari TIA chip as used in the original 2600 in an FPGA.  I know this has been done a few times alrea...